Pre and Post Treatment Instructions
Pre Treatment Instructions
Before coming in for a laser hair removal treatment, you will want to make sure and do a few things.
- Avoid a Suntan or Sunburn – All customers undergoing laser hair removal treatments should be at their lightest skin tone at the time of treatment. Even a slight suntan can hinder the laser light’s ability to pass through your skin and heat the hair follicle. If you’re light skinned with a tan, the treatment is more difficult than if you’re dark skinned with no tan or sun exposure.
- Shave – Shaving allows the laser light to better heat your hair follicles rather than the surface of the skin. Shaving quickens treatment time and allows the process to be as pain free as possible.
- Don’t Bleach, Pluck or Wax – Don’t bleach, pluck or wax your hair at least two weeks before a treatment. For laser hair removal treatments to work effectively, the treatment needs to be done while your hair is in a growth state. Bleaching, plucking and waxing before treatments can prevent your hair from being in a growth state when under going a treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions
Post treatment care following a laser hair removal treatment is as easy.
- Cold Compress – It’s common to experience some redness and bumps after a treatment and a cold compress helps in this scenario.
- Sunblock – Laser hair removal treatments can temporarily make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Apply SPF 25 or higher for a couple weeks after your treatment.
- Loofah – Hair may continue the fall out for up to three weeks after a treatment. Help this process along by using a loofah or washcloth while showering.