Atlanta Laser Toenail Fungus Treatment
Laser toenail fungus removal in Atlanta is a trusted, safe and effective solution for toenail fungus treatment. At Look Young Atlanta we use the most advanced laser light energy to target and eliminate the virus and bacteria that cause nail fungus infection (onychomycosis). A narrow beam of laser light energy will penetrate the nail and vaporize fungus in the nail bed without damaging other tissue. The laser nail fungus removal treatment generally takes about 5 minutes per finger or toe, it’s safe and you will only experience mild discomfort. Say goodbye to unwanted toenail fungus without the use of messy creams and sprays.
Signs of Toenail Fungus
- Examine your toenails or fingernails to determine if the nail is infected by looking to see if the nail plate has a thickened, yellow or cloudy appearance.
- Toenails can become rough and crumbly and even separate from the toenail bed.
- Some nail fungus infections do not cause pain, but other cases are extremely painful.
Look Young Atlanta Toenail Fungus Removal
After your laser toenail or fingernail fungus removal treatment, healthy new toenails will be visible as soon as 3 months after your treatment. Your nail’s natural growth cycle allows fingernails and toenails to completely replace themselves every 6 to 9 months. Once we get rid of the infection your hands or feet will breath a sigh of relief as they grow new healthy nails. After your treatment we recommend using an anti-fungal cream with L-arginine to speed up the healthy nail replacement. Also please bring an extra new pair of shoes to wear after the treatment, as it’s probable that the bacteria is present in your shoes. We also recommend using an anti-fungal powder in your shoes to kill any bacteria that’s present in your shoes.
Will My Nail Fungus Be Cured?
Actually the fungus lives in the environment, so we work to kill the pathogen that causes the fungus. Then we advise you to follow up with topical treatments to prevent nail fungus from re-entering the nail bed which would cause reoccurring nail fungal infections.
Nail Fungus Patient Guide
Laser Genesis is safe and effective for treatment of nails with onychomycosis/nail fungus. Our Cutera laser will direct infrared light into the upper dermis below the nail bed, to kill bacteria that causes the fungus. The full results of the treatment can generally be seen 3-6 months after the treatment begins due to slow nail growth.
- Remove nail polish.
- Skin should be clean and product free for your treatment.
- Trim nails and clean with a nail brush.
- Skin surrounding nails should be shaved if hair growth is prominent.
- Spray all shoes with anti-fungal spray or disinfectant.
- Continue weekly for at least 4 weeks.
- Do not apply topical anti-fungal cream or powder 2 days prior to treatment.
- Most laser genesis treatments take between 15 and 30 minutes.
- Treatment duration depends on the size of the area you are having treated.
- During your treatment you will feel a slight warming on your skin.
- Let the technician know if you experience discomfort.
- The technician will make at least 4 passes over the area.
- Pain tolerance may lower with each pass.
What to expect afterwards
- This is superﬁcial and will heal with no adverse affects.
- Most patients note a redness that may last 2 hours to 2 days after treatment.
To help prevent re-infection
- Apply anti-fungal cream or spray to entire sole and toes of feet 2 times per day for approximately 2 weeks to 3 months depending on the severity of the infection.
- Apply anti-fungal powder or spray to all shoes at least 1 time per week for at least one month, and before each use.
- Wear clean socks and shoes after treatment.
- Use powder in your socks daily to keep the affected areas dry.
- Wash sheets, disinfect shower/bath, and vacuum carpets on the day of treatment.
- Do not walk barefoot in public places (pool, gym, etc.).
- Keep nails trimmed and cleaned (disinfect instruments after each use).
- Nail polish may be applied 24 hours after treatment.
- Toenails may take 9-12 months and ﬁngernails 6-9 months to grow out. Severely infected nails may take longer.
- The average interval time between treatments is 2-3 weeks.
- The number of treatments necessary depends on the severity of the Onychomycosis, but we recommend at least 2 treatments.
Laser Nail Fungus Removal Pricing:
Two to three treatments are necessary to remove nail fungus. Look Young Atlanta offers multiple pricing options; however it is recommended to treat the entire hand or foot that has been infected.
- One Treatment for One Fingernail or One Toenail: $150
- One Treatment for All Nails on One Hand or One Foot: $250
- One Treatment for All Nails on Two Hands or Two Feet: $450
Patients visit our clinic from across Atlanta:
We offer our laser toenail fungus removal, laser fingernail fungus removal and med spa treatments to our patients in Buckhead, Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Midtown, Downtown, Sandy Springs, Inman Park, Dunwoody, Virginia Highlands, Druid Hills, Ansley Park, Decatur, Brookhaven, Vinings, Roswell, these zipcodes and many more:
30309 | 30306 | 30305 | 30307 | 30308 | 30303 | 30324 | 30329 | 30327 | 30314